Over Fifty Travel Insurance is one of the better places to consider when applying for travel insurance if you are, as their name implies, an over 50 senior. Offering a comprehensive range of cover choices to match your requirements, whether you are travelling on your own in search of adventure or looking to spend some quality vacation time with friends or family, this insurer’s aim is to make your trip relaxing and enjoyable, be it foreign or domestic.
- 24 hour emergency assistance: This insurance company, in recognition of the fact that emergencies can occur at anytime, anywhere, gives you instant access to a 24 hour worldwide emergency travel / medical assistance. Mondial Assistance, one of the biggest providers of global assistance is in charge of this feature so you can enjoy your vacation, safe in the knowledge that you have one of the best organisations looking after you and your well-being.
- Preexisting medical addition cover for no extra premium: Over Fifty Travel Insurance understands that no-one can be tickety-boo with their health at all times – and this is especially true as you age. With that in mind, they provide automatic pre-existing medical condition coverage at no additional charge. All you need to do is fill out their pre-existing conditions form and fax it over to them for approval.
These are the conditions which are covered automatically by over 50 travel insurance with pre-existing medical conditions:
- Minor surgery (over 6 weeks prior to your holiday)
- Thyroid deficiency
- Asthma (given that you are under 60 at the time of applying and/or haven’t another long disease)
- High blood pressure (given that you are not a patient of a known cardiovascular condition and/or diabetes)
- Positional Vertigo
- Hiatus Hernia
- High cholesterol (given that you are not a patient of a known cardiovascular condition and/or diabetes)
- Congenital Blindness
- Gastric Reflux
- Congenital Deafness
- Diabetes (types 1 & 2)
- Cover for children at no extra cost – as a senior, you may want to take your grand kids on an adventure trip to an overseas country. With Over Fifty Insurance, you will be able to give them travel protection without having to purchase any extra policy.
- Pre-departure medical advice – you may want to know if it is alright to embark on your journey in light of your health and the coverage provided by your policy – this insurer offers to give you medical advice before you start your trip, in case you have a doubt regarding your health becoming a limitation or liability.
- Miscellaneous – Other features include comprehensive policy benefits, bonus day for assisting in calculating premiums, coverage for lost, damaged or stolen luggage.
Breakdown of travel plans
You can choose from four unique insurance options to match your needs and resources including Comprehensive International, Australia Only, Budget Cover and Frequent Traveler+. Note that business cover is also available, for those whose trips are of a more professional nature, and that there are discounts for Frequent Travelers, if you travel several times a year.